Thursday 8 April 2010

Trendy Topic: Are we too materialistic?

Here goes a rapper ranting about women's shoes...here's what rapper Maino had to say about model Rosa Acosta:

I looked at her “boom” she’s cute but she had cheap shoes. Someone asked me would I ever try to talk to her and I said, “No disrespect but [that ain't] my type. Look at your shoes. Look at your bag. I don’t even f*ck women like you.” Imagine I pull up somewhere and you got Jay-z, you got Diddy and n*ggas about their business. I pull up in my bentley and jump out, and this b*tch got on her cheap azz shoes. I don’t want you, if I can’t sport you.





Did he really say that?! But wait...Maino who?! I want God to backhand him for making such an ignorant, shallow, small-minded statement like that.

An extract of Rosa Acosta's response:

...My family has never been rich. I’m still not rich. Why would I go and buy a $2000 pair of shoes that I can’t afford when I can actually help my family that’s still living in Dominican Republic, or I can save my money or I could spend money on my education. What is wrong with buying something that’s inexpensive





Read more: Necole Bitchie.com: Beefing Over Cheap Shoes?… Really?

If you want to see your girl wearing designer clothes/shoes then what the heck is wrong with lacing her up your damn self?! If a guy wants to see me wearing Louboutins then he's gonna have to blaaady buy them for me! What a punk. It’s pretty obvious that he’s just mad that he couldn’t get her?!



Any guy or woman with mentality that matches up with that of Maino's...I'll keep you in prayer. Unfortunately, there's a whole heap of people who think like this.


Have we become waaaay too materialistic?


That question goes out to me too. As you guys should already know, I am a shoe fanatic! I have spent so much money on shoes, it's actually ridiculous! I'm embarassed to even say how many pairs of shoes I own:( As much as we may knock Maino's ignorance, we can't deny that we are all materialistic (or have been) to a certain degree. However, is it even possible to be completely unmaterialistic when we are constantly bombarded with advertisements convincing us that we need to have the very thing we don't need? When we are told the same thing over and over again...we soon believe it and therefore feel that we do need that very thing that we don't need!



What's your views on our materialistic world? Are you a material guy/girl? Talk to me darlings! (:

‘Most human problems stem from the fact that we treat people as things and things as people.’

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...